Creativity is...seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God... Michele Shea...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Chicken Itza





I really don't have a name for it yet. Any thoughts? And the color on them isn't great - I mean the reproduction of them, rather. Especially on the center chicken - looks a bit dull, but isn't in real life.

***updated with better photos - taken in nice, soft, cloudy daylight!

I took all the aluminum off - it was tacky. I like it better now. Just the chickens are tacky.


16"x48" acrylic and aluminum on canvas

7 comments:

Lila Malapert said...

You did it! AMAZING! Did you just stay up ALL night long painting? I want to see it in person.

And the name "Chicken Itsa" works. Will have to think about others but for now am too blown away to think.

Running the 5K -- this might be that moment.

Dari Malapert said...

No - I did it all day today!! Just finished and started another...I'm on a roll...

Just think - I could do a whole series of farm animals as wonders of the world...hmmm I think I have to really consider that...Machu Pigoo, The Taj Moohal, The Pyramids of Goatsa

Lila Malapert said...

Oh wait. Baboons aren't exactly farm animals, are they... of course, they could be if we could find an agricultural use for them. Maybe they could just be annoyingly decorative -- kind of like geese.

Anonymous said...

They're adorable and very Andy Wahol, very pop. And they do pop. How do you use aluminum in a painting?

Anonymous said...

I entered the word verification word in my name. I must be tired. Maybe I'll use brvqftpt as my secret name.

Lila Malapert said...

Hi there brvqftpt! Good to see you!
Luv,
vdhzkkdw

Dari Malapert said...

:-) brvqftpt...that's quite a name...

I used an aluminum tape that you can buy at any home improvement center - it's like duct tape, and is with the ducting/hvac supplies, but it is actual aluminum with an adhesive backing. I really like the look of it, but it wasn't working in this painting - I couldn't ever get it to adhere to my liking. Although, DH asked why I had taken it off, and said he thought it looked really cool...

I will make it work in SOMETHING!